Had unprotected intercourse. On flucloxacillin and microgynon 30. What are the risk of getting pregnant?

Question
Hi, I was recently on flucloxacillin which happened to be during the week break between courses of microgynon 30. My partner and i did not use a condom. I am getting conflicting information as to whether the contraception could have been affected given that it was my week off taking a pill
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There is no conflict in this.
If a female on oral contraceptive misses even one dose,she is at the risk of getting pregnant.
You have all the chances of pregnancy as you missed your pill for one complete week and also you had unprotected sex during this period.

Do write to me,if you have any additional query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Had unprotected intercourse. On flucloxacillin and microgynon 30. What are the risk of getting pregnant? 1 hour later
I didn't miss my pill. You take the pill for 21 days and then a week off. Then 21 days again. During that week off you are still protected. My query is does the flucloxacillin affect it? There is conflicting information on the Internet.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Hello
You are fully protected during your week off.
Flucloxacillin will not affect the efficacy of contraceptive pills.
Don't get confused by reading any conflicting informations.
Thanks