Had unprotected intercourse. Feeling nausea. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

May 2013
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I am in a stable relationship and unaware I had unprotected sex with my partner on Day 14 of my cycle and I was due to ovulate on Day 15, (we are normally very careful) My partner did not ejaculate as I started to feel nausated for some reason (I think I was getting a tummy bug) so we stopped although we were both fairly close to orgasm before stopping (my partner nearly ejaculated at one point but held his pelvic muscles to prevent ejaculation so we could go on for a bit longer). I went straight to the loo although for a number two not for a wee. I did not take any emergency contraception afterwards either. (im on no contraception at all at the moment) Although not planning for a baby getting pregnant wouldn't be the end of the world. Although I know they are probably slim what are the chances of me getting pregnant? Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the positive factors for pregnancy are,
-you were at around the period of ovulation,
-though your husband didn't ejaculate but pre-ejaculate fluid can contain few spermatozoa which are enough to cause pregnancy,
-you are not on any contraception method.

so as there is possibility for pregnancy, if you miss the periods on expected date better to go for blood test for pregnancy which will rule out the possibility,
if comes positive then you consult gynecologist and proceed according to your wish and her advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.