Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Thanks for your reply.Do I need to do the testing? If yes; will 8 weeks test be considerd conclusive?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 39 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I think your question is incomplete.
Do you need test for what?
If it is for HIV, then can you be able to mention about your sexual activity? Are you married?

If you have any type of risk behavior for HIV, it is better to have a screening for HIV/STD.
The routine antibody tests will take 8- 12 weeks to become positive. So better to have the test after 12 weeks. There are special test available to know the HIV status earlier around 3-4 weeks.
You can consult your physician for further guidance.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV? 1 hour later
I have no earlier HIV risk behaviour before the unorotected handjob received 3 weeks back.No other exposure during that incident.Is testing for HIV/STD necessary.Is there a risk involved in Unprotected Handjob?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome back.

Unprotected hand job has absolutely no risk for HIV transmission. If you have no other high risk behavior, the tests for HIV/STD are not necessary for you.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV? 1 minute later

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 minutes later
No test is necessary for you. You are not having any risk after hand job.
Nothing to worry.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV? 38 minutes later
Any thing like sore throat or any ARS like symptoms should also need not worried about? Does anxiety cause similar reactions in body?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 40 minutes later

Welcome back.

Sore throat is very very common for anybody. Other ARS like features also can be just ignored as you don't have any risk for HIV.
As you mentioned due to your anxiety also you may likely to have symptoms and they might seem to simulate HIV symptoms. But there is nothing ti worry or fear.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV? 11 days later
Hello Doctor,
but if
I have following follow up questions:

1) During unprotected handjob 4 weeks back,I understand there is possibility of contracting other STD's such Syphillis,Herpes.What would be the symptoms of those and when do they appear? So far there are no out of ordinary signs near or on my genitle area.
2) After about 4 weeks from now( 9 weeks from handjob) can I have normal sexual behavour with my wife/
3) You already advised me that there is no need for HIV test,is it ok to have intercourse with my wife without doing any tests?
5) As mentioned earlier,I had sore throat followed by cold and slight cough 3 weeks after the incident.The same is now subsided after taking cough syrup etc.I beleive it is nothing to worry.Please advise

I am asking these questions to you as you are a prominent expert in this field with plenty of experience.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Welcome back.

Hand job is safe also for STDs.
1.STD organisms are highly fragile and not able to be viable outside the body and spread through casual touch is quite unusual. So it has less risk.

Syphilis may have symptoms like genital ulcer or may remain symptom free. Herpes have either genital vesicles or grouped tiny ulcers around genitals.
2. If you have no other risk other than hand job you can resume your sexual activities with your wife.
3.Tests are not necessary if you have no other risk
4. Nothing to worry about your sore throat.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected hand job received. Risk of HIV? 13 hours later
Hello Sir,

Your advice has been a great help.As this was my only encounter of this kind,I understand that there is no risk involved.

Thanks a lot for answering the queries.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 days later
You are welcome.

If you liked my answers and wish to communicate with me in future, you can ask me on this link: WWW.WWWW.WW
All the best!!!