Had unpreserved food. Should I be concerned for any health issues?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I found out that the slab bacon that was cooked and eaten was not refrigerated for 5days. What healt syntoms should I be looking for if any?
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query.

Bacons are stored in refrigation, but slab bacons contain more fat and more salt so refrigeration is usually not recommended as on freezing, it can becomes rancid easily due to presence of more salt.

Generally, the symptoms you should watch out for are vomiting, pain abdomen and loose motions.

If these symptoms develop you should get yourself examined at the Emergency Department.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any query, I will be happy to help.