Had undescending testicls and had late surgery. Has zero sperm count and low testosterone. Suggest?

My Husband had a late surgey at 15 he had undescending testicls we had 3 test done that said zero sperm count. and he had low testrone.. What can we do next before we consider a donor .
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek help from an Endocrinologist

Detailed Answer:

It looks like your husband is suffering from Hypogonadism. Which means that testosterone is not getting produced by the testes.
It is usually treated by giving testosterone and it is called 'testosterone replacement therapy'. Here testosterone is given either as a dermal patch or injections, by replacing testosterone artificially it will stimulate spermatogenesis. (which is nothing but production of sperms in the body)
The best specialist to approach for this issue is an endocrinologist. I strongly recommend you XXXXXXX an endocrinologist before seeking a donor.

I hope I was of help, I will be happy to get back to you if you have any further questions

Dr Rakesh Madhyastha