Had undergone medical examination. Done with test. What are the findings?

May 2014

Hi, I am XXXXXXX 5.8Hieght, Weight 80kg. i recently undergone a medical examine and the results are suggesting for a liver function test.
Total Cholesterol is 234.
HDL is 45.
LDL is 159
Cholesterol HDL ratio is 5.2
SGPT/ALT is 124
SGOt/AST is 50
Gamma GT is 83.
I have a slight swelling in my Left Cheek.
Please Looking for your Advice.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Thanks fot writing in.

This is Dr Vivek answering your question.

As per report you are a young 28 years old gentleman from Singapore. Your tests were done on 20-03-2013.

Your report interpretation is as follows:
1. Lipid profile: Total cholesterol, LDL and Cholesterol/ HDL ratio are increased. You must check your diet with regard to fat intake and XXXXXXX a cardiologist.
2. Your blood glucose (fasting) is at upper limit. Nothing to worry at the moment.
3. In liver function tests, SGPT, SGOT and GGT are increased. Please correlate this with alcohol intake or any previous liver problem.
4. Phosphate, Calcium, Uric acid and Rheumatiod factor: normal.
5. Kidney function tests: normal.
6. Serum creatinine: normal.
7. Hepatitis Bs antibody and Anti HAV total are reactive: this means you have been exposed to hepatitis B surface antigen and HAV probably because of immunization, this is normal.
8. STD infections: not present
9. Thyroid function (free T4): normal values.
10. Tumor markers: normal values.
11. Urine tests: almost normal.
12. Stool examination: normal.
13. Blood tests hematology: almost normal.
14. ESR: normal.
15. Blood group: A positive

Coming to your cheek swelling, if it has appeared recently and is painful then likelihood of infection. Please consult your doctor.

For raised cholesterol and increased liver function tests I suggest dietary changes with less fat intake. Alcohol intake if any, has to be controlled. An ultrasound scan abdomen may be required.

Further questions are always welcome. Please close thread if you are satisfied and post a feedback.

Dr Vivek.