Had ultrasound scan. What are the findings in the report?

May 2013
Sir, Today I had done an ultrasound scan and its inference are Elongated uterus with homogenous parenchymal echoes . No focal lesions in myometrium. Cervix is enlarged and measuress 4.3 x 2.7cm. Multiple subcentimetric nabothian cysts noted. Endometrial Cavity corpus measured 4.30cms Cervix measured 4.30 cms corpus to cervix ration: 1 Endometrial cavity appeared normal. Endometrium is hyperechoic and unifrom (proliferative). Endometrial Thickness measured 13.0mm I'm already irregular in my periods. and I had twice of it last month, . Sir, may i know was the above a sign of pregnancy abortion or not. Pl help
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hormonal imbalance, blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your ultrasound findings : - Endometrial thickness is increased. It can be seen in conditions like hormonal imbalance with estrogen predominance, pregnancy, after abortion etc. But just by increased endometrial thickness we can not come to one conclusion regarding the cause. To rule out pregnancy or abortion, you better go for blood test for pregnancy. If the test comes negative, more possibly the thickness could be due to hormonal effect. - Elongated uterus can be seen in some women, it is more common in parous women. - Thickened cervix with nabothian follicles indicating chronic infection. Sometimes congenetically elongated cervix can be seen. According to hyperehoic, uniform proliferate endometrium and peripheral cysts in the ovary, more possibly there is hormonal imbalance leading to irregular cycles. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.