Had ultrasound scan. What are the findings from the report?
User rating for this question
what does it mean when summary states "no definite evidence of intrauterine gestation. There is a small possible gestation sac or pseudo sac corresponding to the size of 5 weeks or measuring 4.8 mm". Last lmp was 2/10/2013.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of blighted ovum or wrong dates Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Usually by completion of 5 weeks, gestational sac with embryo can be seen in transvaginal ultrasound. In transabdominal ultrasound by completion of 6 weeks, gestational sac with embryo can be seen. Presence of gestational sac only with out evidence of embryo indicates blighted ovum. So, possibly your report may indicating presence of blighted ovum. Sometimes because of wrong dates, sufficient growth may not be seen in ultrasound. For confirmation, better to wait for one more week and go for repeat ultrasound. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Does clay dry clay affect pregnancy
- Swollen lymph nodes that won t go down
- Tablet wysolone 10 purpose
- Can constipation affect implantation
- Skin burning after breast augmentation
- Pregnant ultrasound done what are the findings in the report
- Can citalopram affect pregnancy test results
- What are the findings from the thyroid ultrasound report
- What are the findings from the pelvic ultrasound report
- Clotrimazole affecting pregnancy test results
- Taking bromocriptine with normal prolactin levels
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- Sore sides of lower abdomen
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report
- Cold and damp home affect pregnancy