Had ultrasound of abdomen and all normal. Having pain. Could it be gastritis or cancer?

Rheumatologist
Question
if I had an ultrasound of the whole abdomen and all normal. bt pain is on and iff could it be just gastritis. or worst cancer?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you is that stomach ache can have lot of reasons . Just by this history I will not be able to pin point a diagnosis . Since your USG Abdomen is normal that means grossly you are not suffering from any pathology .

You rightly said that it can occur due to plain gastritis also in which there is a burning epigastric pain. Other thing that you need to rule out is Irritable bowel syndrome if your pain in abdomen is accompanied with change in bowel habits.

It is not likely to be cancer if USG abdomen is normal . The chances are very less.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had ultrasound of abdomen and all normal. Having pain. Could it be gastritis or cancer? 14 minutes later
thank u im a hypochondriac thats why I worry too much. should I do an endoscopy? or no need

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can go for it.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

If you have epigastric burning pain then you can go for endoscopy . If the report is normal then at least your doubts will be removed .

Your USG report is suggestive of nephrolithiasis but since it is not causing obstruction , nothing to worry .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had ultrasound of abdomen and all normal. Having pain. Could it be gastritis or cancer? 1 hour later
what is nephrolitiasis?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

It means kidney stones.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had ultrasound of abdomen and all normal. Having pain. Could it be gastritis or cancer? 10 hours later
oh yes I had more kidney stones befire. u think thats where the oain was coming from? stones passing?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cannot be said

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

In your reports it is mentioned that the stones are not obliterating the lumen so they are less likely the cause of pain but this reporting is subjective that is observer dependent . So nothing can be said.

Dr. Shruti