Had ultrasound cavitation method for fat reduction, pregnant. Can it harm the fetus?

I am now 7 weeks pregnant.At 3 weeks pregnant (or 1 week after the actual conception, when I still didn't know I was pregnant) I had the ultrasound cavitation method for reducing the stomach fat.Can it harm my baby and in what way?My last period was 24th April and the date it happened is May 17th.I was at my obstetrician's 2 days ago-everything looks ok on the ultrasound and there's a heart beat, so she says there's probably nothing to worry about, but still I'd like to know if it could have done any permanent damage on the cells that can't be seen just yet?
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
At 3 weeks of pregnancy, it is the time for implantation. At that time, the failure of implantation could have happened causing an early abortion. A cell damage seems less likely before an implantation.
Now that the baby is alright and a heart beat has appeared, any fetal damage is not likely. A more detailed ultrasound scan at 20 weeks gestation to rule out any congenital malformations will help in removing all the doubts.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.