Had ultra sound of left collar bone due to a small movable lump. Dark. What could it be?

I had a ultra sound on my left collar bone due to a small moveable lump. Dr. Says it does not appear to be a lympnode becase it is dark. He just wants to watch it. What could it be?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Harmless lipoma, cysts or other tumor

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

The ultrasound would have found it to be a lymph node, if it was that. But the lymph node has been ruled out. Other possible causes ould be:
-Lipoma: harmless tumor that grows on the fatty tissue
-Other tumors

An ultrasound would not provide information and a differentiation, which is why your doctor has asked to watch it. If it does grow in size you may be advised a CT scan, but in most cases the lump either disappears itself or remains the same size (being harmless). So your next step can be either to wait and watch, or go for a CT scan of the region.

I hope I have explained this clear enough. If you have more clarirications or if I have not explained this well enough, do write back to me.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Had ultra sound of left collar bone due to a small movable lump. Dark. What could it be? 11 hours later
Thank you! I was wondering about the cyst the CT scan found on my right hepatic lobe. Should I worry about that? My mother passed away from liver disease. They said it was 1.7 x 2.6 cm. They called it a subcapsular cyst but really didnt say what to do about it? Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry about the liver cyst ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

It is my pleasure to be of assistance, and I shall do all I can to always help you ma'am.

As for the subcapsular cyst. Firstly, the cyst is quite small in size, and secondly, the subcapsular region is a very small part of the liver, which is usually affected by such harmless conditions. As of now, you need not worry about this cyst ma'am.

But if you ever experience symptoms like pain in the abdominal/liver region; generalized itching; yellowing of the white part of your eyes, skin, etc; vomiting; etc; please either write to me about it or report to a doctor immediately. You will also have to repeat an ultrasound in about 3-6 months to check on the cyst (whether it is the same size or has grown, if it has, some action will have to be taken). But as of now, please do not worry about this ma'am.

Eat healthy, exercise and have a positive approach to life. For everything else, you have me.

God bless.