Had ulcer problem and prescribed ADIZA. How to overcome? How to increase weight?

Question
I would like to know how to increase my body weight?
My height is 170cm & my weight is 50 kgs, age is 25
From last 5years there is no change in my body weight. when i attended for a complete body check up, doctor told that i have an ulcer problem and prescribed me these medicine "ADIZA" for 2 weeks. Please suggest me how to overcome this?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Vasanth 3 hours later

According to your height and weight, the BMI(body mass index) is 17.3 which means you are underweight. The most common causes for being underweight in your age group is stress, anxiety and improper eating habits. However, there are many other causes that need to be ruled out. A complete body check up sponsored by few labs may not include all the possible investigations that can exclude the cause of being underweight. Causes like Anemia, Hyperthyroidism, depression, malabsorption disorders, some chronic infections have to be excluded by doing relevant investigations based on the suspicion of probable cause by doing a physical examination

Coming to your ulcer problem, which is one of the rare but possible cause of you being underweight has already been treated by your doctor with appropriate drug like Adiza which contains Ilaprazole, a proton pump inhibitor helps in decreasing acid secretion and inturn in ulcer healing. Please do a follow up with your doctor whether it completely got resolved by undergoing an upper GI endoscopy.

Also, take protein XXXXXXX diet by following advice from a dietician.

Hope this helps!