Had tympanoplasty done. Got cold and started sneezing. Will this affect surgery?

Jun 2013
Hi doctor. I just had tympanoplasty last week. i caught a serious cold and keep sneezing. Iam scared the cold and sneezing affect the surgery. Can you help?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 27 minutes later
Hi there,

To stop sneezing, which might be a result of allergens; I suggest that you use one of the antiallergy medications like chlorpherniramine maleate (Avil), or Loratidine or Cetrizine or Levocetrizine and Monteleukast combination.

Sneezing can affect your tympanoplasty that you had last week.

I hope you visit with the operating surgeon to get the right medication and follow up.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Take care and have a lovely day !