Ask a Urologist   »  

Had two testicles at birth and circumcision. Is it possible for one of the two testicles to disappear?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My 18months aged grandson had two testicles at birth and circumcision. Is it possible for one of the two testicles to disappear now?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is it on same side ?

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query , You have stated that your grand son has two testicles.
Every normal man has two testicles placed one each in two sides of scrotal sac .

I shall be happy if you can post me whether he has two testicles on one side only or there is a testicle like lump situated just above the normal testicle on one side with normal testis on other side.
.
Assuming that he has two lumps on one side and normal testicle on other side I can state that
he has normal testicle with what is called as Encysted Hydrocele of the spermatic cord on one side with normal testicle on other side.

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon .If it is a Encysted Hydrocele of the cord then he has to undergo a surgery to remove it. It is unlikely to disappear of its own.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had two testicles at birth and circumcision. Is it possible for one of the two testicles to disappear? 10 minutes later
I have to discuss your answer with my son-inlaw and his wife, my daughter. For now thank you.
Wilfred

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please post me in details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Please (if possible) post photograph of his scrotum to make proper assessment.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.