Had two miscarriages. Tested positive for rubella. Prescribed with rovamycine and ecosprin. Why ecosprin?

Mar 2013
I had two miscarriages , the first being a molar pregnancy and the second a normal one. Both the pregnancies ended in missed abortions and had to be terminated by D&C. After the second miscarriage that happened on the 4th of September this year, I was tested positive for Rubella (IGG) . The doctor has prescribed Rovamycine Forte and Ecosprin 75. 1 : I know ecosprin in an asprin, so why have i been prescribed that and 2: How long do I wait before trying to get pregnant again. 3 : is it safe to try when on Rovamycin Forte
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to us with your health cocnern.
Low dose aspirin is recommended in women with previous recurrent pregnancy loss ( like yours ).
It is believed that low dose aspirin improves blood supply to the uterus and that miscarriages can be caused due to inadequate blood supply to the baby from the uterus.
However, I would advise you to start taking ecosprin, when you conceive next time, starting from the first date of detecting the pregnancy, there is no need to take it right now.
Regarding Rovamycin, firstly, a positive Ig G Rubella NEEDS NO TREATMENT !
Positive IgG indicates that you have already developed immunity against Rubella, treatment is required only for positive Ig M, which indicates recent infection.
To answer your question, avoid conception for atleast 3 - 6 months after your recent termination.
I do not see any need to take rovamycin in the first place.
Also before embarking on your next pregnancy, please ensure that the following workup has been done -

1. complete blood count, HIV, HBsAg, HCV , VDRL, urine routine and microscopic, baseline blood pressure, total XXXXXXX check up - per vaginum and per speculum
2. TSH, prolactin levels
3. Semen analysis of your partner
4. Chromosomal analysis of the products of conception obtained by the d and c.
5. karyotype of husband and wife
6. Testing for antiphospholipid antibodies - APA, ACA, LAC, aPTT, serum homocysteine
7. Testing for thrombotic tendencies - protein C, protein S, factor V leiden mutation etc.
8. Baseline pelvic ultrasound scan.

Make sure that both of you exercise regularly and eat well, and have an ideal BMI.
Also, take regular folic acid ( 5 mg. per day ) for 3 months, and then plan your next pregnancy.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Had two miscarriages. Tested positive for rubella. Prescribed with rovamycine and ecosprin. Why ecosprin? 2 days later
Thank you so much doctor, we have done all the tests that you have mentioned. Unfortunately I was prescribed a vaccine for rubella last month. Would that cause any side effects?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Was the Rubella Ig G test done before the vaccine was administered or after ?
Was it the same doctor who did all 3 - the tests, the vaccine and the rovamycin prescription ?
Please let me know so that I can guide you better.
Follow-up: Had two miscarriages. Tested positive for rubella. Prescribed with rovamycine and ecosprin. Why ecosprin? 1 minute later
The vaccine was administered after the Rubella tests were done and the result said Ig G positive. Yes it was the same doctor who did all the 3.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Firstly XXXX,
I will explain to you something - Ig G means immunity against any infection.
It is NOT TO BE TREATED, it is something to be happy about, as it means you have already got necessary immunity against the disease.
Now, once you are already immune, giving you a vaccine is pointless !
Taking rovamycin for a disease you do not have , and will not have due to good immunity, is also pointless !
That said, the vaccine wont harm you.
Just avoid conceiving for 3 months after taking the Rubella Vaccine.
All the luck always, dear.