Had two fraxel non ablative procedures. No effect. Skin looking more worse. Used dermapen would help to correct these issues?

Dermatologist
Question
I had two fraxel non ablative (Reliant SR 1500) procedures " first treatment was done on the lowest setting, and the second was bumped up just a little bit and was more aggressive than the first treatment " done to my whole face for mild acne scars and some rough looking skin near my eyes and on my cheeks, the second procedure being about 7 months ago. The end results were that I don't think It was really affective for either of the Issues that I was looking to Improve and It may have made my rough looking skin look even worse. I was wondering If the professional use of a dermapen would help to correct these Issues due to the fact that It can be set to penetrate your skin up to 2.5mm?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reliant SR is effective for skin resurfacing.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
The treatment modality for acne can be chosen according to depth and severity of scar
mild scars respond to peels and microdermabrasion
moderate to severe scars require dermarollers
severe scars require lasers.

Lasers are supposed to be most effective out of all. Sometimes for better results we may combine two procedures that is laser can be done alternately with dermarollers at one month interval. Usually three to four session of laser and four to six sessions of dermarollers are required for desirable effect. The number can be increased or decreased depending on response.
If you are not happy with laser results, you may definitely try dermapen or dermaroller therapy. If dermarollers or pens are combined with peels or instillation of vitamin c and tretinoin over face result is much better. please do not expect immediate results after single therapy.

If possible please attach an image of your face so that I can analyse your scars and guide you further.

Hope that helped.

Follow-up: Had two fraxel non ablative procedures. No effect. Skin looking more worse. Used dermapen would help to correct these issues? 22 hours later
Hope these pictures help : )

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your scars are quite superficial.

Detailed Answer:
hi,
Thanks for sending the pics.
Your scars are too superficial. You may take chemical peels and alternate it with microdermabrasion sessions.
Dermapens would be equally effective if taken along with peels alternately( one may keep a gap of 15 days in between these two sessions)

For the same you need to consult your dermatologist.
Also at home, I would advise you to use a salicylic acid face wash( won't help in scarring but would reduce marks and reduce oiliness) twice in a day. Use vitamin C serum once in a day and tretinoin cream 0.05 percent in night. This daily regime too should help you to some extent.
Hope this helped.

Follow-up: Had two fraxel non ablative procedures. No effect. Skin looking more worse. Used dermapen would help to correct these issues? 6 hours later
Thank you..I appreciate the advice.
Take care ; )

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
you may close the query.

Detailed Answer:
HI,
Should there be no further queries, you may close the discussion.