Had two abortions and performed DNC. Failed two IUI. How to reduce sperm integrity?

Infertility Specialist
How to reduce sperm intigrity. it is 57%
I had two missed abortions by natural conceiving and performed DNC.
Then 2 failed IUI. And again 1 ivf failed with fresh embryo and 1 failed with FET.
Give me succession what to do.
first sac report says that baby has trisomy 16 problem, 2ND sac report say XXXXXXX syndrome. Dr. says it is problem with sperm, because they did all my test. every thing is negative. in some sperm reports says that normal morphology is 10%, in some report t is 19%, in some it is 12%. DNA fragmentation intigrity is 57%. in report it is mention that if DNA intigrity is more then 45% it is very poor. pregnancy ll lead to miscarriage.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later

Thanks for you query.

I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Since DNA fragmentation is poor, probably your doctor is suspecting it to be suspecting husband's sperms.

2) It is not possible to say exactly if its your husband's sperms are the reason just based on DNA fragmentation. It is only a suspicion and possibility. It could be due to your eggs also. But since your age is only 30 years, your eggs might be healthy and husband's sperms might be the cause.

3) It is better to get donor sperms for IVF as per doctor's report, it is easy and uncomplicated than egg donor.

4) I was also interested to know how trisomy 16 and turner's syndrome were diagnosed ( I mean Ultrasound / amniocentesis ). Which methods were used.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Had two abortions and performed DNC. Failed two IUI. How to reduce sperm integrity? 48 minutes later
my husband age is 30. my age is 27. ivf dr said that sperm morphology is bad. because of that baby were abnormal. i visited dr malpani place. he said go for natural conceiving. but again big question is thr in my mind that this time it ll be succeed. our marriage is 2.5 months old and not in relationship. my report:

anti nuclear antibody serum by EIA : negative, antibody igG : negative, antibody igM: negative,BETA 2 glycoprotine igG: negative,

both of us chromosome report is Normal.
SAC report: 1st time: 47 trisomy 16 (abnormal cytogenetic profile with trisomy of chromosome no 16)
2nd time: 45X XXXXXXX synodrome (fibroblast culture)

i want baby with my husband sperm only. is thr any way to reduce dna integrity by natural way?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for additional information.

Your reports seem to be fine. Antioxidant medicines to certain extent help in reducing DNA Fragmentation. But not very promising.

If you wish to go ahead with your husband's sperms I suggest you go for PIGD ( Preimplantation Genetic diagnosis) of the embryos to rule out possible genetic abnormalities during ICSI next time.

In this process, embryo biopsy is done and the healthy and disease free embryos only are transferred.

Follow-up: Had two abortions and performed DNC. Failed two IUI. How to reduce sperm integrity? 2 hours later
can u plz suggest me some dr if u know. i m from bangalore
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 hours later

If you are in bangalore, you can see me. Please come to XXXXXXX IVI fertility in Sadashivanagar near Mekhri circle.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Had two abortions and performed DNC. Failed two IUI. How to reduce sperm integrity? 1 hour later
as i had two successive abortions, risk of abortion will be there. But as both abortions had different genetic defects, risk of third abortion won't be too high.
is it true ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

You are right,. There is higher probability of abortion in view of previous abortions with genetic defects.As I advised earlier, it is not possible to predict what percentage will the next pregnancy have. But by the method I mentioned above you can look forwarding to transferring of healthy embryos after testing them.