Had twisted neck while sleeping. Got stiff neck and pain. Suggest medication?

I got stiff neck. while sleeping in the night my neck got twist and its from past 3 days. It has acute pain and cant move the body too. Can you please suggest some medicines?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It seems like you have sprained your neck.

You will need to take anti-inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac with Serratiopeptidase. This is a prescription drug, which could be prescribed by your Meanwhile, you could take Dolo 650mg thrice daily after food for a couple of days. This is available over the counter.

You need to rest your neck, use a cervical collar, if you have one. Do not use a pillow and lie down flat on your bed.

You could also use volini ointment locally for pain relief.

You should be fine in a couple of days. Get well soon.