Had tubes tied, felt pregnant and urine test came positive. Can feel the baby move. Further?

Mar 2013
Hi! I had my tubes tied 71/2 years ago. I am currently noticing I am in fact pregnant. I took a urine test and it is positive. I can feel the baby move! I say this with currently having four children already. This includes twin boys. I told my dr I was afraid this could happen, and he said I was worried about nothing. Now what do I do? My dr doesn't know yet-- as a matter of fact you are the second one to know! Do I go to previous dr? Or should I consider someone else?
Where should I go?
It's 71/2 years since I had my tubes tied. I am currently pregnant! What should I do?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

You have not mentioned the date of your last menstrual period.
You would feel the baby move only after 5 months of pregnancy.. has it been that long ?
If your urine test is positive, and do not wish to proceed with the pregnancy, then consult a Gynecologist.

An ultrasound will reveal how many months pregnant you are.
If the pregnancy is early, medical pills might manage the problem, or you might require a surgical evacuation for advanced pregnancy.

Please consult your doctor right away for an abortion.

If you wish to go ahead with the pregnancy though, even then you require to see a doctor to confirm and date the pregnancy in weeks.

Please do not delay, as often , after tubal ligation, the pregnancy could be ectopic ( outside the uterus ) which could be XXXXXXX

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Had tubes tied, felt pregnant and urine test came positive. Can feel the baby move. Further? 8 hours later
I don't know if I should go to current dr or find another one. He didn't believe me because he knows I had my tubes tied! He pretty much told me it was impossible to become this way. Can you get pregnant even after having tubes tied?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
It is definitely possible to get pregnant after having your tubes tied.
It is rare, but a known entity.

I would recommend you go to the current doctor BEFORE the pregnancy test was done.
Please tell him that your urine pregnancy test is positive, and you need to have an ultrasound scan done, and a gynecological check up, to confirm the pregnancy.
Am sure he would understand that.