Had tubes tied during c-section, and ablation done. Having symptoms of pregnancy and uterine contraction.

Pediatrician
Question
I HAD MY TUBES TIED 2 YEARS AGO DURING A C-SECTION ALSO AN ABLATION DONE 6 MONTHS LATER, NOW IM HAVING SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY AS WELL AS UTERINE CONTRACTIONS, LIKE XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ABOUT TWICE A WEEK. WHAT CAUSES ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO BECOME PREGNANT AFTER THIS HAS BEEN DONE
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
There is a minor chance of getting pregnant again after the operation as well.
It is very rare.
You need to confirm whether you are really pregnant or not. Uterine contractions can occur even without pregnancy.
Does a urine card test first and then go for an ultrasound abdomen.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.

Follow-up: Had tubes tied during c-section, and ablation done. Having symptoms of pregnancy and uterine contraction. 26 hours later
Has there been women comfirmed with pregnacies that have had these procedures done. And if so how long before you are sure you need to go to md and what are some definite signs that this rare occurance has happened since not having a real cycle

Chances are less than 2% of all cases.If the tubes are not cut and separated by a distance...there may be chance of regeneration of tubes.If periods are normal there is no chance of failure.
If the pregnancy test is positive or you have other signs of pregnancy consult your MD immediately.
Have a nice day.