Had tubes tied during C-section. Having heavy period, bad cramps, brown discharge. Is it PMS?

Hello, I am 34yo and I had my tubes tied 4 years ago during my 6th C-section.
I normally have 3 day periods which are heavy with bad cramps, afterwards I have daily brown discharge for about a week.
Last week I noticed a litlle lump like jelly on my underpants and it was light pink, the day after I started what I assume was my period but very scanty. The scanty bleeding lasted 6 days with no cramps at all just little twinges.
I now feel very nauseous which is preventing me from wanting to eat or drink and I have a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like Im getting the flu because I feel so tired and drained. I also feel like Im still PMSing as Im very tearful
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
The risk of pregnancy following tubal surgery is approximately 1 out of 200 for some medical studies and as low as 1 out of 100 for others. This is due to possible regrowth of tissue.If pregnancy does occur, there is a 1 in 5 chance that it is an ectopic pregnancy.
An ectopic pregnancy is diagnosed if there is a history of previous surgery ( though it can occur in persons with no such history), severe abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding.

Since pregnancy is a rare possibility, then it would best, if possible to do a home pregnancy test. These are usually accurate. If positive then it would be best to visit your doctor for an evaluation.

There are other causes for reduced menstrual flow such as: (1) physical or emotional stress (2) reduced food intake (3) excess physical activity (4) hormonal imbalance such as low thyroid hormone level

If the test is negative then you can consider waiting a few days to see if the other symptoms resolve.

I hooey this helps, feel free to ask any other questions