Had tubal ligation. Have pregnancy symptoms, pelvic area pain. Scared of ectopic pregnancy. Is it possible to get pregnant?

Tubal ligationI had my tubed tied in 2010 after having my daughter but it seems like my body has been acting pregnant and im even having pain in my pelvic area. I was scared of ectopic pregnancy but im not even sure I can get pregnant is that possible? Could I be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
Tubal ligation, regardless of whether the tubes are cut, burned, clipped, banded, or tied, is about 99 percent effective, meaning that about 1 percent of women will conceive an unplanned pregnancy after tubal ligation. This failure occurs slightly more frequently in younger women and after 3 years of tubal ligation.

There are no sure symptoms of pregnancy especially pain abdomen- pelvis and cramping. Pelvic pain can occur as part of possible hormone influence or even in pathological conditions of reproductive tract. Sometimes such pain can appear due to possible gastrointestinal disturbance which can be associated with nausea.

You may opt to get urine pregnancy test done if you miss your periods the next month. But pregnancy is a remote possibility in your case.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.