Had triple bypass surgery. Having chest pain and fatigue. Anything serious?

Cardiologist, Interventional
My husband had triple bypass surgery 4 yrs ago. He has been having chest pains and lately he can't walk 50 feet without getting very winded. Tonight he said he just did not feel right, short of breath and his heart felt like it was vibrating like his phone on silent. He is very fatiqued as well.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 23 minutes later

As per your description, I think we need to rule out rhythm changes in the heart. EKG of the heart can be very helpful. As he is had a bypass surgery 4 years ago, it's always better to have a ECG done - that we may know about the heart rhythm.

I urge you to visit your cardiologist office. He/she can examine his pulse / heart rate and suggest ECG.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you and your husband a healthy heart

Follow-up: Had triple bypass surgery. Having chest pain and fatigue. Anything serious? 47 minutes later

Thank you Doctor for your response to my concerns regarding my husband. I will try my best to get him to return to his cardiologist. Although he is not an easy man to get to the doctor! :-)
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later

It's always better to go to a cardiologist and do the ECG atleast. It will guide us whether we need to be concerned and whether he will need further investigation or not.

Good luck!!