Had triple bypass, dialysis, diabetes, vomiting, swollen body. Reasons?

My friend had triple bypass about 3 weeks ago, is on dialysis four times a day but found out only has been doing it once since the surgery and has diabetes. She starting vomiting this morning and the color was black with an odor, several areas of the body swollen, (legs, arms, and etc.). What could this be?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Doing dialysis once instead of four times will cause a higher levels of urea and creatinine in the body leading to renal failure.
Vomiting out of black substance is suggestive of bleeding in the upper GI tract and is worrisome. She needs an immediate treatment after upper GI endoscopy to find out the site of bleeding. The other symptoms of generalized swelling may be related to her impending renal failure.
She needs an immediate medical help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.