Had trigger finger surgery. Taking mirapex. Getting disturbance. Reason?

just had trigger fibger surgery at 7:30 and my rls has gone bonkers. very disturbing. taking mirapex for a year or more. lasts nightly until 4 am.
heard molasses would help. right arm also jumps. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Stress in post surgery periods could be an aggravating factor for RLS (restless leg syndrome). This can lead to worsening of the symptoms in terms of both intensity and duration.

Need not worry, this is a temporary aggravation of RLS and will subside over time without any intervention.

Do continue the Mirapex you are on without any dose modification.

Yes, you heard it right. Molasses helps in RLS. It contains a good amount of iron and other minerals like manganese, copper, calcium and potassium. These minerals will help to alleviate symptoms in RLS. You can start taking a teaspoon of Molasses twice daily every day.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.