Had trichoscan for hair fall problem. What are the findings in the report?

sir, i have hair fall last 10 months in my front head. in this area hair density is very low compare then other side. only above the forehead .so had gone to V-Care in Chennai.they have tested my hair by Trichoscan. the result is analyzed area =1.81 cm2 hair count=334 hair density=184.9{1/cm2} anagen hairs=51.4% telogen hairs=48.6% vellus hair dens= 15.5{1/cm2} terminal hair dens=169.4{1/cm2} vellus hairs=28.0 [8.4%] terminal hairs=306.0[91.6]. i could not understand this report. what is happening for me???
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Male pattern baldness, prolong treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in. Ive gone through your reports and history given. It indicates that you are having male pattern baldness. It is hormonal condition and slowly progressive. It requires prolong treatment in for stopping the progression and for increasing hair density. In my clinic patients presenting with such complaints I advise hormonal treatment like tab finasteride along with topical minoxidil lotion for application. Along with this treatment hair supplements containing multivitamin, multiminerals like biotin ,zinc,calcium etc. Results can be appreciated after 2-3 months of starting treatment. Hope this helps. A treatment from trichologist /dermatologist would be needed for complete and proper response. I would be available for follow up. Regards DrSudarshan MD Dermatologist/trichologist
Follow-up: Had trichoscan for hair fall problem. What are the findings in the report? 4 hours later
thanks sir. But they told some treatment. Those are very costly like 25,000 rupees. Is that treatment is worthy? . Whether i will follow v-care treatment or will consult other. Please give your personal opinion. I take as personal. And can i get old hair via treatment? Is it possible?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 42 hours later
Brief Answer: Effective treatment possible at lower costs Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for details. The Hair treatment can be costly but 25,000 is a bit too much. You can get effective treatment at lower costs.I suggest you to visit a qualified MD dermatologist or trichologist for proper treatment.Rather than taking treatment at institute a visit to a individual treating doctor would be better.Treatment can greatly improve your look,increase the hair density ,may convert your small vellus hair into long terminal hair. Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up. Regards. DrSudarshan