Had transient ischemic attack and on lotrel. How to maintain physical fitness?
User rating for this question
I am a 68 year old, white male, 6ft. tall 185 libs, history of long-distance running, including two full marathons in my 60's as well as many half-marathons. Ran a half-marathon May 0f 2013. Suffered a TIA July 24, 2013. Dogged a bullet. Neurologist said I suffered no lasting affects from minor stroke. In hospital 3 days. Family has history of Hypertension. I was on Lotrel 5-10 for many years exercising and even going through prostate cancer treatment in 2009. Am taking Plavix, 75 mg. Amlodopine, 10 mg. Lisiniprol, 30 mg. and Gemfribizol for LDL(129), 600 mg, twice/day. MD has said I can walk on treadmill, light walking and light wieghts. I have gainined 7 lbs since July. How do you feel about the exercise and how do I overcome the anxiaty of starting again and trying to maintain my physical fitness?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1) Is there any residual weakness? 2) What is your current blood pressure? 3) Any problem while light walking? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
People also viewed
- Pathophysiology transient ischemic attack
- Chronic chest and back painfatigue
- Transient ischemic attack symptoms
- Back pain cheesy discharge
- Transient ischemic attack prognosis
- Pimple on back that smells like cheeze
- Mild pain in back following chemo
- Lower back and pelvic pain on cerazette
- Is tightness of the chest a side effect of exforge?
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of furosemide?
- Transient ischemic attack treatment
- Is increased sweating a side effect of exforge hct?
- Is yellow eyes or skin a side effect of fluoxetine?
- Is burning while urinating a side effect of flagyl?
- Causes transient ischemic attacks