Had total knee replacement surgery. Taking Oxycontin pill. Cause my blood pressure to raise?

I had total knee replacement surgery on both knees five weeks ago and I'm currently taking one 20mg Oxycontin pill twice a day and one to two 5mg Oxycodone pills every six hours as needed for pain. By me taking these two pills, will this cause my blood pressure to rise?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may cause a drop in blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Typical these medications because of the fact that they suppress the central nervous system, tend to be associated with a decrease in blood pressure.

Though persons can react differently to medication, it is unlikely to cause your blood pressure to rise.

If you notice any indicators that your blood pressure may actually be decreasing to a significant extent (symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue,increased heart rate, shortness of breath) then you may want to consult your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions