Had total knee replacement. Taking panadiene forte and stifrol. Feeling uneasiness in legs . Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had total knee replacement in both legs one 2years ago the other 4months, I am still taking panadeine forte at night. During the day things are fine, but at night my legs give me hell. Its not really pain just can't settle. I also take Stifrol for restless legs. I feel ilike I am going crasy
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

I am Dr Vaibhav Gandhi, I am an Orthopedic surgeon and knee specialist.
I have studied your case.

Persistent pain after knee joint replacement may be due to improper implant positioning or there can be infection .
You need to take X-ray of knee and do blood test to rule out infection.
Your doctor should have advised knee strengthening exercises so continue those exercises.

At age of 64 there must be osteoporosis so continue your calcium with Vit-D supplement. Along with that take methylcobalamine after checking your Vit B12 levels in blood.