Had total hysterectomy with pelvic sling. Tired of mammogram-lumpy breasts-ultrasound routine. Suggestions?

I had a total hyst in 2005 with a pelvic sling, I'd like to stop my half strength, 1/2 tab daily all together, I am tired of the mammogram-lumpy breasts-ultrasound routine after 25 yrs and the dr. won't renew it without the mammogram routine. Any suggestions? Have considered Canadian pharmacy, also.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

I think your query is short of information and that is the reason experts did not pick it for so long.

What is the medication that you take now? What is the half strength and 1/2 tab daily?
What was the reason for total hysterectomy?
Do you have lumps in the breasts for 25 years?
What does the doctor not renew, the medication?

Please help me with whatever relevant information possible here to understand the query better. I will be waiting.
Follow-up: Had total hysterectomy with pelvic sling. Tired of mammogram-lumpy breasts-ultrasound routine. Suggestions? 3 days later
the medication is Estratest HS, 1/2 tab daily. Reason for the hysterectomy with pelvic sling was cervical prolapse. I XXXXXXX not have lumps in my breast, the doctors call them 'lumpy' or fibrous and ALWAYS want a mammogram as well as an ultrasound. My mother who is 88 and sister who is 66 have never had breast cancer. thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
Your doctor should answer this question. Are the benefits of Estratest exist now than it was 25 yrs back.? May not.

Since the HRT (Estratest) has a slightly increased risk of breast cancer your doctor was screening for Breast cancer with mammogram. You should sit with your doctor and evaluate the merits and demerits of HRT. I am not sure if you really require it at this time. If you do not want the take Estratest your doctor cannot force it.

Let me know if you require more points.