Had total hip replacement surgery. Having severe pain since surgery. Cure to reduce the pain?

I had total hip replacement in Oct 2012. I have had pain, sometimes severe, every day since surgery. Last weekend I fell and now my hip feels like it is popping in & out - called my surgeon but can't get in to see him until next week. I am in alot of pain and am having a hard time walking - what can I do to help these issues??
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

In total hip replacement surgery the postoperative period general patient does not experience severe pain and he or she is able to walk in the 1st or 2nd postoperative day.

So persistent pain which you're complaining should be taken into consideration and a reassessment of the surgery should be done.

Injury to the operation site, difficulty in walking and popping of the hip indicates displacement of the prosthesis.

Consult you doctor for more information and help.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.