Had total colectomy and j pouch created which fully healed. Can follow Slimming World diet plan?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I had a total colectomy and a j pouch created which I fully healed from almost 2yrs ago.
Will it be ok for me to follow the Slimming World eating plan ?

Thank you

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 14 hours later

A J pouch is created from the small intestine. Since you are comfortable now with the diet advised by the surgeons, I would advise you to continue with the same diet. Change in the diet could again alter the already set function of the new reservoir which has been surgically created. A good amount of fiber is essential to prevent shrinkage of the pouch.

So I would advise you to refrain from any alteration in the diet.

With regards