Ask a Dentist   »  

Had tooth loss and infections. Have cervical spondylosis, vestibulapathy with hypertension and PTSD. Related?

For a year I had rapid tooth loss, breaking pieces, constant infections ... could the cervical spondylosis and Vestibulapathy, along with hypertention and the diagnosis of PTSD due to trauma (loss of 25 year old daughter to heart attack and eventual loss of my granddaughter exaserbated the tooth loss?
Thank you

nancee, YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Cervical spondylosis, Vestibulopathy, Hypertension,are though not directly related but can definitely cause stress.Due to stress the salivary flow is seen to become thick and scanty.

This kind of salivary flow along with poor oral hygiene can aggravate dental problems like infection and further decayed teeth.

Also tooth decay is an infectious process and therefore spreads rapidly to the adjacent teeth thus causing brittleness and fractures.

you have mentioned presently you are wearing dentures.Is it complete denture(dentures in both upper and lower jaw) or partial denture?

Now since the abscessed and decayed teeth has been removed, you can very well continue with your new dentures.

Initially, it is little difficult to manage with dentures but slowly you get used to it .over a period of time chewing,speech and esthetics ,all becomes favourable with new dentures.

But please remember,even the dentures require good hygiene maintenance.They should be regularly brushed and stored in water for prolonged life.

On the other hand,your jaw tissue(on which the denture rests)also requires proper massage and care.Therefore i would say please, take good care of yourself with proper food and medication.

please let me know for further doubts.