Had tonsillectomy, calves are painful. On Carafate, Nystatin, Clindamycin and prednisolone. Suggest?

I am 41, male, had tonsillectomy two days ago. Today my calves hurt for no reason, like I had a powerful workout this week. Not excruciating, but annoying. I have to walk up and down stairs lol. It doesn't seem right though. I stay PLENTY hydrated, so I doubt it has to do with that. The doctor put me these medications: Carafate 1G/10ml, Nystatin SUS. 100,000 ml/ml, Clindamycin 300mg, Prednisolone 15mg/5ml syp, and Oxycod/APAP Tab 10-325mg. Haven't found anything in the side affects about sore calves. Any help?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some probable causes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
There could be two possibilities, which are coming to mind.
1. Sometimes, positioning of the patient on operation theatre bed puts strain on leg muscles or there could be some nerve compression due to the same reason. This is quite a common cause of this problem in the immediate post operative period.
2. This could be a sign of developing DVT ( deep vein thrombosis) although this is quite unlikely if you were not bed ridden for sometimes & it usually presents later on.
A third possibility could be electrolyte imbalance. This should resolve once you start eating normally.
I recommend you should report this to your doctor to sort out the cause by clinical examination & may be some tests.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues.
Wish you good health.