Had tonsilitus and enlarged glands in neck and groin. Chances of chronic fatigue syndrome?

not feeling well at all, have not done since March when I had tonsilitus and enlarged glands in neck and groin. I am female.
I have lost weight in the last 8 months but have put that done to my hysterectomy that I had to ahve 1 year ago.

I become extremely tired easily, when i am tired my skins itches. I cannot really tolerate alochol either at the moment. feel awful after 1 large glass, I have 4 large glands up in side of my neck still. No sore throat. The glands do not hurt but when I walk I can feel them in groin and when I move my neck I can feel them. 2 of the glands are my neck are now sticking out!

I do get extremely hot at night and wake with it but I do put that down sometimes to menopause from hysterectomy. I always feel better with the window open at night.

Been tot he GP twice and had a blood test inbetween. CRP level is at 7.5. had examination by a locum GP who has said to see how I go for the 10 days. He suggested I might have the stgart of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - I do not think that I have this at all!! My concern is Lymphoma.

Please advise. I am 35, mother of 3 children and need to be fit and well!
thank you.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

The enlarged glands in neck and groin, weight loss, lack of energy, itching, fevers and night sweats can suggest Lymphoma.

The only way to know is by doing some blood tests (a complete blood count to evaluate the function and performance of blood cells, liver and kidneys; lactate dehydrogenase), imaging studies (CT scan). We may also need a fine needle aspiration cytology or a biopsy to nail the diagnosis.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD