Had tonsilitis and now feel dizzy. What could this be?

I've just had tonsilitis but now feel dizzy at nights why could this be ? I've had my ears checked and they are fine ??
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Feeling dizzy not related to tonsillitis...

Detailed Answer:

If your ears were fine, then, feeling dizzy would be because of fatigue or anemia.

Furthermore, you did not mention if you had any audiometry examination for any problems related to inner ear?

Have you ever performed a X-ray of cervical spine to explore if there is any problem there?

Usually, when infections such as tonsillitis are being cured, our body needs more energy to fight the infection, therefore, you would feel fatigued.

In addition, if you do not have enough rest, drink plenty of water, that could partially explain feeling dizzy at nights.

Anemia is another explanation, for which I would suggest to do a complete blood profile.

As you may see, tonsillitis is not related to feeling dizzy unless the above-mentioned problems.

At the end, if you are still having tonsillitis treatment, please follow it exactly as your doctor advised.

Drink plenty of water, tea, soups.

Do some "gargar" with water and salt.

Avoid citrus or carbonated drinks.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!