Had tingling in feet and all over body. Prescribed Neurotin. MRI and CAT scans normal. Could stress be the cause?

I had tingling in my hands and feet and sometimes all over my body last year. ?it lasted for a couple of months asnd I saw a Neuroligist who gave ne Neurotin 100mg 3x a day. I had all the test know to mankind. Brain MRI and all sorts of cat scans and nerve tests. They found nothing. Now after five months the tingling has come back. Started to take the meds again. no relief. Can it be stress or is something else going on.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

This is symptom is extremely common amongst people who cross 50 years of age. The reasons are many. Commoner and to check are few for your profile.
1) Diabetes
2) Vit B (esp B12) and Vit E deficiency
3) Degenerative spine disease and disc bulge

I am sure Diabetes would be ruled out. Did your doctor check the Vitamin deficiency and spine disease with MRI.

Mind reads the body every minute. If you are stressed out, it can mimic any physical disease. Go back and check if the symptoms appear when you are stressed out and only when you deal with a number of issues than usual. If yes, the reason could be stress. Then you should try 'stress relaxing techniques'.

Try to add Vit B12 and Vit E supplements to your diet. Neurontin helps to reduce the symptoms and it has proved it. But you needs an advice which tackles the cause and not the symptom.

Let me know if I can help you better.