Had tick bites leading to bulls eye rash with cold symptoms. Noticed spots in thigh and feet. Have aplopecia. Is it early Lymes?

I have had about 3 tick bites this past year, one leading to a bulls eye rash with cold symptoms....I did get treated by antibiotics then for 10 days...I live with doggies in Wisconsin in a heavily wooded area. I now notice some small areas of numb spots in my upper left thigh area and have really achy feet when I walk first thing in the morning which does clear up when I have shoes on a few minutes later. My mother had severe rheumatism and I have only the alopecia so far. Do you think it is early Lymes?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Dear sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX .

Looking into the history you have given it is a very likely possibilty that you could be suffering from Lymes disease but since your mother had rheumatism and you too suffer from alopecia totalis a possibilty of rheumatic disease cannot be ruled out . Only on the history it will not be possible to label the exact cause , it needs evaluation and physical examination.

Joint pains can be a late manifestation also . I advise you to see a rheumatologist and get inflammatory markers like CRP , ESR etc , routine investigations like CBC , Urine r/m etc. to look for any evidence plus specialised tests like RF etc. if required . An ELISA test can be done to look for evidence of lymes disease . So , get yourself evaluated first because treatment of both disease is different .

Wish you good health .

Dr. Shruti