Had thyroid test. Planning to conceive. What does the report suggest? Thyroid problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
Dear Doctor

please read my report and advice me what to do i have thyroid problem and i want to concive
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Sorry I am not able to see any reports. Please verify once and resend them.
And also mention details regarding your menstrual cycles, other investigations related to fertility, details of previous infertility treatment if taken.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Had thyroid test. Planning to conceive. What does the report suggest? Thyroid problem? 1 hour later
Dear Doctor

Sorry for not get my report i upload again

my menstrual cycle was as follow 26feb 2013 for 3 days from that i got on 13th XXXXXXX 2013 for 4 days after finish i went to the hosp and dr prescribe metformin 500mg for one month 2X1 and she gave me clomid 100mg for 5days
Hope this information will help XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 hours later

Your thyroid profile is normal.
As you told that you went to the doctor after completion of your periods, means you might be in follicular phase at that time. According to that your other hormonal reports are also normal.
As you are having irregular periods, your doctor might have thought that the cause of that is poly cystic ovary disease with insulin resistance.
And might have kept you on metformin which is a insulin sensitizer.
But better to use the medicines after confirmation of PCOD by ultrasound.
Clomid is a ovulation induction drug and usually to be started within the first 5 days of the menstrual cycle.
Now you track your ovulation either by ovulation kit or by follicular study and plan unprotected intercourse around that period. That will increase the chances of pregnancy.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.