Had thyroid ablated. Have swollen lymph node and tight muscle shoulder

I had thyroid ablated 4 years ago. Last three day my lymph node on left side of neck is swollen and sore. In mornings I cant move neck until ibuprofen starts working. When I turn neck to right I can feel the tissue pulling. No other symptoms other than tight shoulder muscles
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be inflammation of the nodes

Detailed Answer:
It is important to have this evaluated thoroughly. Sometimes radiation to the neck can cause such problems but typically ablation is restricted to the overactive thyroid gland. I am assuming it was done for this reason.

You should not ignore this, nor just treat it symptomatically with ibuprofen alone. You should see your primary care physician who will likely order bloodwork as well as strongly consider ultrasound of the neck to assess the swelling in detail.