Had throat infection and sinus infection. Noticed in blood in nose, tonsil swollen and severe ear pain. What can be done?

I had strep throat infection last month and also sinus infection at the same time. The sinus infection continued and one week ago i got up in the morning and there was blood in my nose like a clot. Since that day i have experiencing right gland or lymph or tonsil swallen and severe ear pain. I went to my doctor to check me out and he said that i had virus plus sinus infection. The pain through my ear has continued but it stopped 2 days ago. The right gland or lymph or tonsil is still swallen every time i swallow i can feel it. My doctor has put me on anti biotics and sent me for ultra sound which can clear. He was happy with the results. My throat doesn't hurt at all only discomfort when i swallow. He also said it could be coming from my bottom tooth which i have a problem because every time i drink hot or especially cold drink it hurts. and the pain travels through my ear also. Can someone help me as i am suffering from panic attacks.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through your question in detail and find that you have recently suffered from a sinus infection (which was viral and bacterial). Your doctor has examined you and treated you for the same. While most viral infections are self limited, bacterial infections must be treated by antibiotics. Ultrasound scan will give information to the changes occurring in your glands and guide the treatment. If your doctor is happy with your reports, he must be treating in the right direction.

You difficulty in swallowing is a result of the healing of your infection, some more time may be required for it to heal completely. The pain in throat being felt in ear is because of the eustachian tube (a normal structure communicating between throat and ear).

I would like to address your panic attacks problem in detail. There is very little information on that in your query above. Please update me on when you get these panic attacks and for how long? Is there any particular situation when these are precipitated. You have mentioned about taking Valium, could you please let me know why the medicine was prescribed and for how long you are taking that. Also please let me know of any psychiatry consultations that you have had earlier.

Waiting to further this discussion after getting an update from you.

Wishing you good health,

Dr A. Rao Kavoor