Had throat infection. Prescribed corico syrup and medamol for fever. Fever keeps coming back. What to do?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My Baby recently had throat infection and her voice sounded itchy.We approached doctor and he recomended us corico syrup and did tell us that in case of fever give medamol. Last night our baby got high fever 101.7 and we gave medamol.the fever keeps comming and subsides for a while to come back again.Since our doctor is not available due to festival season,the nurse operating in the hospital advised us to use Meftal-p for high fever. right now the temperature of baby is around 99.3. Can i give mepthal now?

Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later

I am sorry about your baby's current health status.

Your kid might be suffering from viral fever.

Just continue with medamol.

Do not give meftal unless your kid high fever above 103 degrees.

If fever doesn't settle in a day or 2, consult your doctor.

Hope I answered your query.Would like to help if needed further.

Dr Arun