Had three miscarriages with unknown reasons. Last time during conception husband was sick on antibiotic. Could be the reason?

General Surgeon
hello i had 3 misscariages with unknown reasons. the last pregnancy case, i remember when we were trying to concieve my husband was very sick and under antiboitics could that be the reason for the last misscarriege
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to medical condition of husband

Detailed Answer:

Greetings of the day

Any miscarriage is unrelated to medical condition of the Husband. Miscarriage occurring very early before 8 weeks is mainly due to genetic problem with the fetus apart from other causes. Miscarriage occurring after 8 weeks has multi-factorial. Under any circumstance its no way related to medical ailment of the husband.
I hope i have clarified your doubt, please get back to me if you require further clarification.

Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Pediatric & Neonatal Surgeon

Follow-up: Had three miscarriages with unknown reasons. Last time during conception husband was sick on antibiotic. Could be the reason? 1 hour later
After the misscariage ( age 8 weeks) no D&C and it was a missed misscarriage I had medical treatment to misscarry which is mifo and miso 1 tablet for 6 hours. And I left the hospital clean no parts left. However I bleeded for 50 days after that and when I went to the doctor she saw water in the cervix so she gave me antiboitic in case of infection and primulot nor for 20 days twice a day to stop the bleeding. When I am expecting my period after all of that ? And how long I should wait until next pregnancy ( please note I misscarried end of july 2013, so by now 2 months gone ) please advice.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait till your hemoglobin is 11gm%

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for wrting back.

The bleeding in your case could be due to some retained product of conceptus. As you had persistent bleeding for 50 days, its quite natural for your hemoglobin level to be low. Concentrate on building up your hemoglobin level and improving your health. I do understand the eagerness of you conceiving and having a baby, and I am an expecting father too. But at present building up your health is more important. Get your hemoglobin level checked, wait till it is 11 gm %.
Wishing you best of luck for Happy and Safe Motherhood.
It was my privilege to help you
God Bless You
Take Care