Had the flu, shortness of breath and raw feeling in throat while breathing. Advise?

I had the flu, and I had this raw feeling in my lungs only when I breathed in, it felt raw, and made me cough, also have shortness of breath, it has gotten better, but I still have that raw feeling in my throat lungs when I breath in. I have no cough or fever, and I feel god except for that.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Flu s are generally viral infections. The feeling you experienced is not really uncommon in viral upper and lower respiratory tract infections. Considering the fact that you feel better is comforting that it was certainly viral, and your immune system was strong enough to deal with it. There is no fear of a concomitant bacterial infection in this case.

I suggest you stay calm but watchful. The raw feeling should fade out completely in a couple of days. Vitamin C tablets taken in the MORNING for about ten days usually help. Avoid it at night be it could cause lack of sleep. My suggestion is you stay calm but watch for any aggravation or persistence of symptoms, onset of severe breathing difficulties or any fevers. In case you experience any of these, you consult your primary care physician.

If not, for now, be calm as I believe you should get improvement and get back to normal in a couple of days. Do not hesitate asking any further questions if need be.

Thanks and best regards,

Luchuo, MD.