Had temporary ileostomy. Having nausea and vomiting. Undergone gall bladder removal. What could be the cause for nausea?

Two weeks post op with a temporary ileostomy...but now I have nausea and some small amount of vomiting. I had my gallbladder removed several years ago. Out from stoma is good . What could be causing the nausea? Also, after I'm reconnected how long before the large bowel starts to function?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ileostomy-Bowel obstruction

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.
Although stool leaves the stoma, nausea and vomiting are signs of bowel obstruction, frequent complication of the people who wear ileostomy.
You should go to an Emergency Service as soon as possible to make an radiography and confirm or rule out the diagnosis.
About the movement of the large intestine, quiet. For now its function is being made by the small intestine. After surgical intervention that will make you to stitch the two parts of the large intestine, the movement will be enough to expel the stool by anus.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. I wish you good health.