Had temporal lobectomy, experiencing pain near temples like pressure pain and twitching in neck. Suggest?

Nov 2013

Hi there I had a right temporal lobectomy in 2008 and for the last three months I have been experiencing pains near my temples like pressure pains and twitching in the neck I get really dizzy my right side of my face feels funny like a numbness and my eyebrow feels heavy but looks normal it leaves me with really sore shoulders and turns into a panic attack can you please help
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms could also be due to seizures

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. These symptoms could be related to anxiety/panic.

In addition, these symptoms could also be due to complex partial seizures, arising from the temporal lobe.
Long-term video EEG would be helpful in confirming the diagnosis.

After confirming the diagnosis, appropriate medications can be used to control your symptoms.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,