Had taken tetanus toxoid shot. Got small prick from rusted knife. Should I have another shot?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i was given a Tetanus toxoid shot on 21st December 11 by the hospital as i ad lacerated wound in left hand.. today i got a small prick from a rusted knife. a drop of blood came out which i cleaned with clean water and soap should I have another Tetanus toxoid injection today.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 9 minutes later
thanks for writing in.
Yes the standard dosage schedule for tetanus is two doses of tetanus toxoid at an interval of 6 weeks. So in the current scenario you should take one shot of tetanus toxoid immediately.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards