Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest?

Question
hi i had taken mifrestone 200mg 5days back stil no result when i had pregnency test its showing negtive but i am not geting periods
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need more doses of the medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

It seems like the medicine did not work for you as desired. You probably require another course of the medicine Mifeprestone, along with misoprostol too.

Please get the medicines prescribed by your doctor again, and take them as advised.

I usually advise my patient 2 tablets of oral Mifeprestone along with 4 tablets of Misoprostol vaginally.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest? 6 minutes later
my last periods on 27augst .i had involved sex on 19 th septmber when i had checked dis minth pregnecy test night ,mroning and afternoon on septtmber 6th it shows negtive. But safer side i had taken mifepristone tab but stil no periods what to do

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clarification required

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

There seems a bit of confusion. When you say you were involved in sex on 19 September, do you mean to say it was 19 August? Also, is your date of last periods 27 August or 27 July?

Your pregnancy test was negative on 6 September. This makes it highly unlikely for you to be pregnant.

Do not take any more tablets including Mifeprestone. Please consult your primary doctor for a prescription of progesterone pills for withdrawal bleeding to occur.

Follow-up: Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest? 2 minutes later
sry my last periods on 27july .i had involved sex on 19 th augst when i had checked dis month pregnecy test night ,mroning and afternoon on septtmber 6th it shows negtive. But safer side i had taken mifepristone tab but stil no periods what to do

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow earlier suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the clarification,

I do not think you are pregnant. There was no need for you to take Mifeprestone. Please follow my earlier suggestions.

Consult your doctor and get the progesterone pills prescribed to have a withdrawal bleeding.

Take care and regards,

Follow-up: Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest? 28 hours later
my last periods on 27july .i had involved sex on 19 th augst when i had checked dis month pregnecy test night ,mroning and afternoon on septmber 6th it shows negtive. But safer side i had taken 7th sep mifepristone tab but stil no periods .Even i had visted doctor for periods delay on 10thsep she had given sum tablets REGESTONE 5MG ,MAXICAL 500,CALCIUM WITH VITAMIN D3. I had using this last 4 days i am geting lot pimples but periods not yat can u help me on this

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
continue to take Regestone

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am glad you consulted the doctor. Please continue to take Regestone for the required number of days prescribed by the doctor. You would get your period within 1 week of stopping the drug.

Continue to take the other medicines as well.

There is no need to worry; you are not pregnant. Please relax and wait for your periods to happen.

Regestone will definitely make you have your period within 3 to 5 days of stopping it.

Wish you good health. Sorry for the delayed response; was out of town.

Follow-up: Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest? 3 days later
hi i got periods but dat one totaly brown colour its not much normaly is der

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is expected, and is normal

Detailed Answer:

This is expected. Do not worry; you will have your full period soon.

Although it may be totally brown colour, the following period in your next cycle will be normal.

Follow-up: Had taken mifrestone still no result. Pregnancy test was negative but not getting periods. Suggest? 46 hours later
Periods start 18th sep evening i got oly 2 drops and stil now only hardly 20 drops came .i am little afraid o this can u help me

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
withdrawal bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I hope you have taken the Regestone for at least a minimum of 5 days.

What you are having now is just slight withdrawal bleeding. In next 15 days, you will get the actual periods with normal bleeding. Hence, please be patient and wait for it.

Again, you are not pregnant. Please do not worry.

Take care and regards,