Had taken ibuprofen and BP was raised. Taking exforge. Can I take amoxicillin without interaction?

Rheumatologist
Question
YES...i TAKE EXFORGE HCT AND WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE AMOXICILLIN WITHOUT AN INTERACTION.. I WAS PRESCRIBED IBUPROPHEN AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS RAISED SIGNIFICANTLY. NOW IM VERY CAUTIOUS?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Hi!

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Dear Sir,

Looking into your problem i see that you are on T Exforge HCT for you hypertension. Exforge HCT is a fixed combination of amlodipine, valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide. It is a safe combination and is generally harmless until you have allergy to any class of drugs it contains. Secondly renal functions and liver functions need to be in normal range and no evidence of dehydration or volume loss.

Amoxicillin is a moderate-spectrum, β-lactam antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections caused by susceptible microorganisms and one of the common medicines prescribed to children also and has a low side effects profile It is a safe antibiotic and there is very less possibility of having any interaction with your hypertension medication . But still I would advise you to talk to your treating doctor before taking it .If he thinks it is safe for you can go ahead with it.

If you have any queries feel free to ask.

Thank you once again.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shruti