Had swollen hands after taking zyrtec. Should I stop this medicine?

just started zyrtec only one 10mg dose at night woke up with very swollen left hand - should I stop taking it now?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this swelling that you noticed this early morning. Hope we get to identify the cause and propose solutions to you. It is true that Zyrtec would not typically cause a swollen hand but, being the only recent new addition, I will suggest that you stop it now and get the hand examined. If the cause is identified and zyrtec cleared, then you can return on it later. SO in summary: stop zyrtec, get the hand examined by your doctor and move on from there. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for more clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD